I am very excited to get back to setting up goals for myself! Though I have set some goals for the rest of 2014, I still want to set some monthly goals (baby steps!).
This month will be quite a busy month:
- I will be heading up to Manning Park twice to “cabin” with a group of friends (17 of us – sharing a 2 bed/ 2 bath cabin) and with another group of friends (7 of us – sharing a 1 bed / 1 bath cabin) on another weekend.
- I will also be heading up to Alice Lake to camp another weekend
- I will have to attend a bridal shower – luckily I already bought the gift for the bride while I was travelling in Korea and I will be chipping in another $12.50 with another friend to addd a $25 gift card on top of what I bought for her.
- I have a wedding to attend to.
Weddings are quite expensive for me. I know this couple for a quite a while and last year at my wedding, as a gift, they gave me a gift of $250 cash. Therefore, I have put aside $250 this month to give it to them as their wedding gift. Daisy at add-vodka talked about the money she received on her wedding as wedding gift and how happy she was when she deposited the money in bank. I had my wedding last year and I was very appreciative with all the cash gifts I received!
As for all the mini-trips I am taking, it will be pretty cheap due to the number of people that are going.
Good news is that there are 3 pay days this month! Yay!
Now onto my Goals this month:
- Save 1.5 / 3 pay cheques
- Exercise: Run at least 3 times a week and do lightweights 2 time a week
- Contact my students to set up piano teaching time in September
- Sell at least 3 items from my house (bags, books, clothes)
- Consignment store: Research into consignment stores around Vancouver and try to bring the clothes I don’t wear to a consignment store and see if they will take it? (I saw one today on Main Street, but I am not sure how that works, so I will need to ask)
- Blog: Put more time into blogging: writing better content and setting up my blog
There! These seems to be attainable goals.
One great thing that happened to me in 2014: I was able to cut out caffeine completely since April 2014 after a heart palpitation scare. I guess I was drinking so much caffeine, my heart was beating irregularly – which was very uncomfortable and scary.
~ The Money Pincher ~