I am pretty happy that it’s Friday this week and it’s the LONG WEEKEND! This week sure went by FAST! It also marks the end of the summer months 😦
Some great reads over the weekend:
I’m Back! And Here’s What’s Been Going On by Well Heeled Blog is back from her traveling to Japan and Europe
Real Estate Investing: The First Renter by A Gai Shan Life
- Since the option of being a landlord is still out there with my inherited property, it’s nice to read about what it’s like to have a renter and what to expect.
How to turn your home into a rental by Make Money Your Way
Investing in Commercial Property by Glen at Monster Piggy Bank
- Here Glen talks about risks and rewards of owning commercial property. An extended family member owns a commercial property. I think it all depends on the location.
Why I am teaching my kids about money by not giving them any to begin with by Save Spend and Splurge
- My parents never gave me an allowance and I wasn’t allowed to work until I finished high school. The only money I get was from Chinese New Year (red packets) and it will last me the whole year. Any clothes I need, my parents will buy for me at the beginning of the school year. The husband on the other hand, got $20 for every A he got in school. Like SSS, I am not sure if I would want to pay my kid money for good grades.
Back to Basics: Living on Salary Only, Forget the Bonus by Michelle at Budget Bloggess
Easy Ways I’m Currently Saving $1,200 Each Month by Michelle at Making Sense of Cents
- Ugh, I am trying to save $1000 a month and I am finding myself doing what Michelle did: eating out less and clearing out of pantry. I am also trying to bring my lunch every day to work as well!
New Habits to Adopt in Order to Save Money by Jordann at My Alternate Life
- One of the things I did to save money was growing expensive items: basil, chard, kale, cherry tomatoes in the summer months. My veggie bill is pretty low 😀
I’ve done a post on making Salmon, Quinoa, Fish Soup and Grilled Zuchinni – YUM!
Liquid Independence at Freedom Thirty Five did a post on Keen on Quinoa
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE and have a GREAT LONG WEEKEND!
~ The Money Pincher~