October will be a gong show for me. I am one of the sponsors and the coordinator for an upcoming charity event and it’s taking A LOT of my time. Believe it or not, I am looking forward to November already where I can just put my feet up and just RELAX.
With that being said, I can see that there will be a LOT of eating out expenses accrued this month because of all the meetings I will be attending after work and by the time I get home, it’s already 9 – 10 pm. I am contemplating on packing BOTH my lunch AND my dinner so I can eat healthier AND save some money, so I think this will be a challenge for myself this month! 🙂
If everything goes smoothly to the planning of the event, I may take off to Sunshine Coast during the Thanksgiving weekend with the Husband and some friends. I will just need to pay for the ferry ride = approx. $90, accommodations are provided, so I just need to chip in for the groceries. Hopefully I don’t need to lug any work to do there!
Other than that, I am still excited to see how the event will turn out at the end of this month. I have been planning it for the past year and I can finally see the results! (Very exciting, HEH!)
I think my goals this month will relate mostly to health: in times of stress = need to eat well and sleep well and be healthy.
- Try to run on the treadmill: 6:30 am – 7:00 am during weekdays à this is going to be a challenge FOR SURE!
- Attend yoga at work once a week (when offered)
- Eating: On the days where I have a meeting after work, I will pack BOTH my lunch + dinner to work.
- Unplug: No phones / laptops/ ipads after 10 p.m.
- Save 25% of my income this month.
Are you planning anything exciting for October?
~The Money Pincher~